Introduces trans-thoracic echo as a one day course with the option to attend the Focused Ultrasound in Intensive Care - Non Heart applications (FUSIC Non Heart) course on day two.
- Introduction to ultrasound
- Basic views for transthoracic echo studies
- Evaluation of the left side of the heart
- Evaluation of the right side of the heart
- Evaluation of pericardial and adjacent pleural fluid
- Evaluation for severe hypovolaemia and IVC
- Fusic heart training requirements
All courses include topics:
- An introduction/review to physics of ultrasound
- Good governance and how to progress after the course.
** FUSIC accreditation applied for