Covers the curriculum of the Society of Acute Medicine’s (SAM) ultrasound.
- Thoracic ultrasound evaluation including BLUE protocol and assessment of pleural fluid
- Ultrasound of the abdomen for free fluid
- Ultrasound of the kidneys for hydronephrosis
- Ultrasound of the bladder
- Identification of sites for ascitic tap
- Focused ultrasound of the lower limbs for deep vein thrombosis
- Ultrasound guided peripheral venous access
All courses include topics:
- An introduction/review to physics of ultrasound
- Good governance and how to progress after the course.
***FAMUS accreditation applied for